Thursday, June 16, 2011

~ThOuGhTs~

So life is fun and crazy as ever! I keep waiting for the time to slow down a bit but i have come to the realization it will always be crazy busy so i just need to enjoy it:) A day doesn't go by that I think of how lucky I am for my cute boys and Great husband...i don't know how i got so lucky but am glad i did! Last weekend I ran my first half marathon. For lots this isn't a big deal and it wasn't for me it wasn't very hard wasn't very sore, but lets go back about 9 years...
In high school I HATED running...i was one that would cheat on how many laps i had ran when we were suppose to run the mile. I just couldn't do it! In college my worst class was PE...yes i would rather take math biology chemistry anything but PE. THEY MADE YOU RUN 1.5 miles at the beginning of the year and then beat your time at the end. I passed i wasn't sure i would but my hot boyfriend (jason) was in the class with me so i had to step it up:) I started running before i got pregnant with Reddek. Jason and I lived in West Jordan and we would go to the gym together every night (oh the days before kids) so about every night i would run 1/2 hour and i HATED it! I continued to run through my pregnancy and stopped hating it. It was a time I would gather my thoughts from the day and a great stress release for me. So to say i have ran a 1/2 marathon is CRAZY to me when i think about who i was. I now love running if I am stressed or mad I need to go for a run it gets all my frustrations out! I am now getting packed for Ragnar! HOORAY:) i ran it last year and mad some really good friends and we had so much fun. This year I get to run it with my friends i grew up with just across the street and their spouses. I know i am not going to get any sleep and miss all my boys like crazy but I am Super excited!!! Jason doesn't get it he thinks it is crazy to pay money to go run crazy amounts of miles...but he is good and supports me doing it:)
sorry boring post i have just been having these thoughts and needed to get them down somewhere before i forget! and we need a new computer so bad...so no pictures:(

3 comments:

Meggan Butterfield said...

good luck Katie, I wish I was in your position. I bet you are in the best shape ever, man I have along ways to go after being pregnant!

Amanda said...

Good Luck. You will do great. You are awesome. I wish I had you here to whip my butt into gear. Hope you have a great weekend.

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

Good luck on the race and good job on becoming such an awesome running babe.