Monday, August 25, 2008

Dog Attack!!!

My little niece got attacked by my little brother's a dog last week. They were at my parents helping with their deck and Jadelyn was playing with dodger when they start hearing her scream and dodger bark and growl. They said it looked like a dog fight he was on top of her and he bit her while she was crying he got in side her mouth and right under her eye. She is a brave little one she went to the emergency room and got stitches under her eye and in her mouth and on her lip. I thought she was going to be terrified of dogs now but when they got back from the hospital and she said "where’s dodger?" She ran around looking for him. So then we thought she didn't really know what happened, but she came up to our house a couple days later and she said "a dodger got jade!” and pointed to her cuts. She is lucky and it is so weird because Reddek and Jade have always played with dodger and he seemed to be really good with them but something changed…so my parents have to put him to sleep and Logan feels really bad for Jade and for dodger.

12 comments:

michael. mindy. dane. said...

How sad! I can't believe that! Hey, how is Kalon doing? I always try to myspace him but he never answers and I got a new phone and lost his number! Tell him hi when you talk to him

JAKKnielson said...

That is so sad and scary! Ya never know when something bad is going to pop out and bite ya! Poor girl. You're welcome for the candy at the parade, sorry you didn't get a water, that one boy just kindof took it from ya. Ha

Colleen said...

That's horrible! I'm always nervous of Elijah playing with dogs, even when they're nice dogs. You just never know. I'm so glad she's okay!

Stacey said...

That is so sad! Poor little girl, I am glad it wasn't worse.

Tara Mogle said...

How sad! Dogs are so crazy like that. Her little face is so cute though. I can't believe she still wanted to play with him after that. Poor thing....how is Rachel doing?

Andria said...

That is really sad. She still looks adorable!! I love the new look on your blog!!

bandkworky said...

That is aweful. Brittany told me about the attack the other day, but I didn't realize just how bad it was.

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

So scary. That happened in my neighborhood just a few months ago. A dog that sometimes gets out of his house, but has always been nice enough, bit Carrie Bolser's son and Carrie. The dog didn't have to be put down, but I haven't seen him since then. It's so weird that they can just flip like that. She is one brave kid.

Tera said...

Hey Katie...It's me Tera. I came across your blog today...Way Cute by the way..
Talisha was telling me about Jadelyn...that is so sad!!
Your little boy is growing up so fast and he is adorable..he was so cute at the rodeo..and he looks so much like your family..
Anyway, I just started my own blog..but made it private..send me your email address if you want and I'll add you to it...my blog is stbnelson.blogspot.com....and my email is teralnelson@utah.gov

Erica said...

That is my biggest fear that my bigger dog is going to just go crazy. I mean she is really nice so I doubt she'll ever do anything but...you never know. AH!

Kim said...

Oh that is so sad! Poor little girl! I'm glad she'll be okay and that it didn't make her afraid of dogs in the future!

Marci Jolley said...

How sad!!! What kind of dog. We have a pitbull and she is such a good dog, but I am always worried that one day she might snap. I wish I would have run into you in Ephraim. We werent there for very long so I didn't see very many people!