Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Lagoon Day!

Well this last Saturday was my birthday!!! I know I am getting old :( But Jason's whole family was planning a Lagoon day that day which was perfect. For those that know me I LOVE the crowds so I was happy to be with so many on my special day. There are nine kids in his family so there was a huge crowd which made it so fun. We all of course couldn't hang out all day together because you want to do different stuff so we met for lunch and then continued to ride. There was 5 of us families that stuck together most of the day and it was nice then Reddek got to hang with his cousins and usually there was somebody that didn't want to ride so we could ditch Red with them...bad I know, but Jason and I both love the rides so it makes it hard to have a kid that stops us so we are thankful for the family members that helped out with that. I love wicked!!! This is the second year that we have been there when it was there...it is now my favorite ride. So fun, I also like the rocket-re-entry...i was suprised I am the only one out of our group that likes that ride. Jason, Chad and Kori went on it with me but Jason and Chad were both scared of it and Kori had never been on it and Chad and Jason told her she probably wouldn't ever do it again...which I don't think she will! But we had a great time and thanks to all those that remembered my birthday I got some nice cards and presents. Jason let me go shopping for myself which I loved! I am very picky on clothes and that is what i wanted so it worked out perfect. It took me alot of convincing to let me do that but I won and I am so glad. i think he thought I would be mad or something like he didn't do anything but i would rather pick out my own thing. Thanks Jason I love you:) He also took me to a nice dinner and had his sister pack treats to lagoon for me and they all sang so it was perfect. The night before we got to watch my four cute nieces it was fun so here is a cute picture of all them...it made me realize I could handle more kids than just Red!

They were all so good and I love spending time with them! (especially without their mom) just kidding but it helps me get to know them a little better. Andria and I usually end up talking while all the kids play this way I get to talk to them!

Can you tell how excited he is? He is a very cautious kid so it kind of suprised me how much he loved all the rides he didn't get scared at all and wanted to do them all even the big ones that we went on he would say "mom, mom, kaie, me do it that one" Kids get so fun when they are this age and learning to talk. I love him so much and am so glad we can take him to do fun things we know it is a blessing Jason was telling me that he didn't get to go to Lagoon until he was almost a teenager so he was happy for Reddek...he gets excited to see his son do fun stuff and get excited about it. I love my little family :)

Of course it was super busy nice weather and the last Saturday before school so we did alot of waiting in lines. But there was enough of us that we just talked and it really went by fast and it was a good way to catch up with everybody. I love the one of Collyn and Reddek they are such studs...they loved the rides!
































Reddek loved the train ride...all day he kept asking to go on it because you hear the choo choo about every five minutes. He was so glad when Jason and I stopped going on big rides so we could take him on the choo choo. We are still getting use to having a kid with us we are use to going just for us so that was an adjustment.





























10 comments:

Colleen said...

What a great birthday! I swear, EVERYONE went to Lagoon last week! Happy birthday, old lady. :)

Stacey said...

We spent our birthdays the same way this year! Yeah Lagoon! I hope you had a great birthday!

Tara Mogle said...

Happy late Birthday! How fun to go to Lagoon and that is so nice to have family around to help out with Reddek so you and Jason could go on rides together! Hope you had a great day! lots-o-love
Tara

Erica said...

I love Lagoon! Wicked is a fabulous ride. I think Reddek is just about the cutest thing in the world. When he smiles it just makes me laugh. Happy birthday!!

burg3g said...

Happy Happy Birthday!! We have yet to go to Lagoon this year. Also, Reddek's new couch picture is so cute ;)

Amber Baker said...

Hey, looks fun! I changed my blog settings, so let me know if you want to come play!

Katie McCaul said...

Ya Amber I want to be able to look at your blog so invite me!

Westons said...

Happy be-lated birthday Katie!
I'm so glad you commented on my blog, so I could find yours. You look great. You're so tiny! And your son is absolutely adorable!!!
Wow, can you believe we are moms? Sometimes I feel so old. Anyway, I can't believe you find time to be a mom, work AND go to school. You are seriously superwoman. That's awesome that they pay tuition though.
Seeing your blog made me wish I had a reason to see everyone from high school. I guess I'll just have to wait until the 10-year reunion (only 4 years away, Yikes!) My husband, Mark's 10-year is this Saturday! He's feeling old.
Anyway, did your sister ever tell you I ran into her at University Mall last summer? Do you visit your family often?
So, yes I am living in Logan (River Heights actually). Mark works for his father (building custom homes) so I doubt we'll ever move. I like it here, but sometimes I wish we could get away from the in-laws :0
Oh, well that's life. Thanks again for commenting. Feel free to do so often ;) That's fun you added me to your list, I'll do the same when I get around to updating. Oh, and tell Jason I said 'hello.'
Hugs to you Katie!

Jake and Nicole said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!! We STILL need to get together.

The Trythalls said...

Katie you have no idea how happy I am that you said something! I have always regretted the way we treated each other in high school. That was really big of you to say thanks. No hard feelings anymore, and your family is absolutely adorable!! Thank You.