Tuesday, November 4, 2008

~HALLOWEEN~

Happy Halloween :-)
This is the McCaul family on Halloween...hey we don't look that good, but at least we got in the spirit! I originally got the old lady stuff from the DI for myself because Jason was being a punk and didn't want to dress up. Well the night before we were making our treats for our work party and he decided it would be funny if he was an old lady! So I threw an old man costume together the night before Halloween! It was cheap. FREE so I liked that part of it. Reddek was a cute little red dragon.


We started the day off by buying Jason a new truck! I don't have any pictures yet, well I probably won't because it isn't that cool, but for us it is since it is our first truck! It is a Dodge Dakota 2006 and my favorite part is we got it for such a great deal. Anyway...i dressed up that morning for work not realizing i would have to go to the bank to sign the papers in my dorky costume. But who cares you can't worry what people are thinking on Halloween. Since it was month end I had to work all day. I was sad to leave the boys all afternoon I really started missing Reddek and Collyn. Then Julie sent me this cute video of Reddek playing in the leaves and it cheered me right up :-)

After I finally got off work at lets see 5:30...then an hour drive home. We all hooked up at Joe and Andria's for some great soup and chili and lots of yummy treats. My sister and her husband even came out since our neighborhoods out here actually still do the traditional trick-or-treating door to door. It was so fun to watch the little ones. Reddek kind of got what was going on the first house when he said trick or treat and they gave him a candy he said WOW and then grabbed another one and I said no please put it back he said "no for Daddy" so the lady said oh how cute and let us keep it. But he wouldn't let anyone help him carry his sack of candy! It was getting heavy by the end of the night and he was literally dragging it on the ground but screamed MINE if we tried to help him.

It ended with us putting the kids in the bath I in the shower and talked for a while until finally the kids crashed and we stayed up watching a scary movie!!!


I loved this Halloween!

16 comments:

Colleen said...

Wow, you and Jason look HOT! And Reddek looks cute too. :)

Love the blog template, very cute!

JAKKnielson said...

That looks like lots of fun! You are pretty hot for a old man!

The McCauls said...

Collyn,Red,Sydney and Avery are going to hate this picture when they get older. Ha ha ha.

michael. mindy. dane. said...

How fun!!! Hopefully my Halloween's will be more fun someday when we have kids. I love your costumes! Oh, and I LOVE your new background!

strickland party of six said...

Katie, that is the funniest thing I have ever seen!!! I love his dress do you this you can get it back for him now, I'm not sure cuz it looks like he likes it a little to much. haha you guys look great happy halloween.

Kim said...

You all look so cute!

Josh N Kim said...

Cute idea! I think you are awesome for dressing up! My kids would have loved for me to dress up.

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

You guys look awesome. I'm glad you had a fun day.

Annie said...

Cute, I love his costume. You and Jason are funny! Ha ha!

Our Family said...

A new truck for fun!!!That is too funny you signed pappers in your costume!! i will admit i would have laughed at you a little bit if i was the bank person but still would have thought how fun for halloween

Stacy said...

Love the costumes! I love when parents dress up! Your son is darling!!

Cameron and BreAnn said...

We love the costumes! And we're jealous of the truck! Thanks for eating with us the other night. We had fun. I'm glad Reddek and Brayden played well together (for the most part!).
Cam said you guys talked about hanging out this Saturday...we'll have to get together another day because we will be preparing our talks for church and Cam also has to prepare a lesson for church....so, what's another day that is good for you guys?
Hope all is well!

Unknown said...

Katie,
Yes! I am your VT companion. Too funny and it is really nice to be able to put a face to a name. I love the costumes.

strickland party of six said...

Hey katie yep, i thought you knew how to get a hold of me cuz i thought you said you look at it off of brookes but anyway I'll add you to my friends and family but I am going to go private so let me have your e-mail so I can invite you.

Marion said...

It could have been Brad because he lives up here in SLC, but he hasn't talked to him in a long time, so he's not sure. I've only met him once and that was at our wedding.
Where do you think you saw him?
And I'm wondering if you're trying for another little baby, or anytime soon?

Amber Baker said...

You still look cute even as an old man! How fun!