Friday, November 14, 2008

WhAt ArE wE lIvInG iN?

I know everyone is aware of the economy right now. I have had a hard time the last few months. I am so grateful Jason and I have our jobs, a place to live and great family and friends around us. I work at Stock Building Supply and of course we supply building supplies. Well everyone knows that building has slowed down a TON! I love where I work and all the people I work with. However I have seen so many great people loose their jobs due to how slow we are. I have left work crying many times for these people. I know they are all ok, but it SUCKS!!! Now we are under staffed and so everyone works a TON! I am trying to be a mom, and work. It was great when we had enough people to stay caught up with what is going on, but now we are all so slammed. Have you ever felt like you were drowning? That is how I feel. They are nice enough to let me do work from home, but I sometimes just want to get AWAY from work. I am the last one that should be complaining, i still have my job, and I work way less than anyone else working there. Some of the guys work 14 hour days everyday. I hope we get over this hard time. It is just weird to me how much I didn't know growing up. My parents were just always trying to survive and give us kids all they could. Now I am living that with Reddek. Nothing is for sure and you are always just surviving. I am grateful for all that we have and pray for those that have lost their jobs everyday. But good new is gas has gone down!!! I filled up my car and it was completely empty on $23.00...YAHOO :)
Sorry for the negative post I have just been feeling so bad about things lately, so I needed to vent it out!

6 comments:

Colleen said...

These are scary times, but I think if we just do our best and not spend too much time worrying about things we can't control, we'll be just fine. :)

Tara Mogle said...

The economy sucks but hopefully things are going to get better soon. I think things will get better its just going to take time. but woot woot for cheap gas. We are still about 2.20 down here but I'll take it compared to the over 4 dollars crap we had a few months ago.
keep smiling
love ya

Stacey said...

I think we all have those times when we feel like we are drowning...it's crazy how much more you appricate you parents once you have your own kids!

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

I'm so sorry that you are feeling overwhelmed. It does suck. I agree with Colleen as well. Focus on the good, and let the things you have no control over, go.

The Johnson Family said...

Oh I hear you! You just never realized as a kid what stress was really all about! Thank Heavens for the gospel to put it all in a little perspective. Still sucks though!

Amber Baker said...

I hear you! I struggle with some of the same things too, I had a meltdown a couple weeks ago, but found, like you, that counting my blessings makes me feel better about life.