Monday, November 3, 2008

Reddek's 2nd birthday party!!!


Last year!




This year!




So Sunday was Reddek's 2nd birthday! We had lots of family over for a party. It was so fun...it makes me sad to think it was already two years ago we were in the hospital. He is growing up so fast, but I guess they all do right? We are lucky to have him in our family he is such a good and fun boy!
I really wanted to make a cool birthday cake and for those that know me know that was pretty much a dream not a reality. I went to a party store and saw the coolest cake pan that's right Lightning McQueen...so i bought it thought how hard can it be. Well after talking to some neighbors i found out it coul d be pretty hard. So I stressed out all weekend about making this stupid cake I almost bought on e at costco Friday, but luckily didn't. My parents came up Saturday night and so in the morning i baked the cake before church...that s not too hard right? Well I was so nervous about it sticking that I decided to shower before I even attempt to take it out...and this is just the cake let a lone dinner for about 25 people. Well I got in a nice relaxing shower. Got out to find Jason had got all the meat cooking, the veggies cut and in the pan and my wonderful mom had got the cake out without it sticking at all!!! Hooray my stress went down a little. Well after church I had to make frosting and then try to frost the cake. I am not artistic at all!!! But my sister and her husband showed up just in time to help me frost the cake. Ok they basically did it and told me what to do. I know for those that make cakes or decorate them this is no big deal! But for me this is awesome...it might not be perfect but way better than I expected!!!




Yes, Reddek got spoiled from EVERYBODY!!! From clothes, to books to cars, to trucks to stuffed animals he is set for a while. Thanks everyone you didn't need to give him so much. He loves all his presents and thanks to everyone for coming.
Red's cousins Collyn, Sydney and Avery
Rachel, Audrey, Denise and Grandpa Lud

Kelly, Kennady(red's cousins) Grandma Lud, and Uncle Joe
Andria, Shannon and Parris (aunts and uncle)
Jason's little sister Julie and her husband!
Jason with his mom and step dad!
Sydney entertaining the kids! They all love her and Kennady so much for playing with them. And so do the parents so they can eat and relax.

Reddek LOVES trucks and bikes...his uncles must know him pretty well! He was entertained all day today he actually had to take one of his trucks with him too bed...that is the only way he would go to bed without freaking out!!!

17 comments:

Colleen said...

The cake looks fantastic, you did a great job! Sorry for interrupting the party yesterday, happy birthday Reddek!

Annie said...

He is the cutest, and your cake looked awesome! Good job! It goes by way to fast, it's kind of bittersweet. I also love the post before this one of Reddek doing everything Jason does. Ha ha! I love that he loves his daddy so much!

Erica said...

You are so cute for worrying over the cake! See, I love decorating cakes and even got a lesson or 2 on it so I always think I'm like a pro but yours turned out WAY better than mine ever do! I wasn't expecting those pictures from what you were saying about them. Happy Birthday little Reddek!!!

Tara Mogle said...

Happy Late Birthday Reddek! Looks like you guys had lots of fun! Your cake was awesome, nice job. It's always lots of work but so much fun to have parties. You're sucha great mom!

michael. mindy. dane. said...

Holy cow! I can't believe you have a 2 year old! He's so stinkin' cute and the cake looks AWESOME! I'm impressed!

Amber Baker said...

Holy cars cake! That turned out awesome! Good job. I have no patience for that stuff!

The Strickland Gang said...

Great Job on the cake! It turned out awesome!

missy said...

Katie!! I am hiring you to make Madden's cake for his birthday that looked sooo cute! Your house looks like it is really cute too(from that family picture you posted)

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

I have no idea how you did that cake. My cakes are circles and that's it. Good job. Happy Birthday, Reddek.

Andria said...

It was such a fun night! Thanks for the great dinner and the cake was amazing!! We love Reddek and are so glad we live close enough we can watch him grow!! You both are doing such a great job!

Westons said...

What a fun party. That's nice that you got so much help! It's crazy how fast kids grow up. I hope you're enjoying every minute of it.

The Johnson Family said...

I stress out so much of the perfect cake! The more kids we've had the more I stress out about each of them having a "cool" cake! I gave up and now Costco is my best friend! I think yours turned out great!

Grant and Candice said...

What a fun day! Your cake looked so great!

Marion said...

gosh looks like you had a fun halloween!!!
as far as names goes; I have some and Dane has some, so right now we're "compromising" but we'll see what happens, but when we figure it out I'll post it for sure.
Dane is wondering if amanda white married shawn layton or if she has a blog???

Stacey said...

Your cake turned out awesome! Happy Birthday Reddek!

Melodie Anne said...

That looks so fun and cute! I love the cake. Emily and I just started a cake decorating class and we totally love it! It seems so wierd that you have a two year old! Happy Birthday to him.

Rebecca and Ryan Withers said...

The cake turned out great kate! Well i Still have Reddicks birthday present! I will send it will Rob Tomorrow!!