Friday, June 5, 2009

mY cUtE bOy

I usually leave for work way before Jason and Reddek even think of waking up! Like 5:30 - 6:00...well today was a little different. I had to work all day today because most of our office was out on vacation. So I got to sleep in a little and actually see my boys before I left. Reddek came into my room while I was putting my shoes on...our conversation went like this:
"mom you goin to work, and I'm going to Shannon's?"
"yep mommy has to go to work."
"Reddek does it make you sad when mommy goes to work?"
"no mommy its ok don't be sad. I play at Shannon's"
"ok see ya mommy."
"Reddek don't you want a banana?"
"no don't worry my daddy gets it. ok bye mom!"

A simple converstation but it made me realize how cute my boy is!!! He is getting so big and understands everything going on. I am also so thankful he has somewhere to go while I work that he likes and has fun at Shannon's. Every day I pick him up he tells me he had fun! We only have to leave him a few hours which is nice.
Kids are the BEST!!! He give big tight hugs and kisses...he rarley says I love you, but when we say it to him he signs it back. We are very blessed to have this little guy in our family! I can't wait to have another!!!

12 comments:

Cameron and BreAnn said...

That's hillarious! I read it to Cam and he laughed! Thanks for hanging out! Let's do it again sometime! Red is adorable!

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

What a sweet boy. It's so great that you have family close by and that he loves to go there. Such a blessing.

Colleen said...

That's way cute! He's all independent and like, "Whatever mom, it's cool."

Our Family said...

gotta love little kids!!! i can't wait to see your other one

michael. mindy. dane. said...

he is too cute! Are you going to stay home after you have the next one? Oh, and I'm glad you say positive things about having kids!

strickland party of six said...

Kids are the best and they always seem to know what to say to make us laugh!!!

Annie said...

He's so cute! I can't wait to find out what you are having! Do you guys have names that you like yet?
(Email me annie_sabey@yahoo.com and we will do something soon!)

michael. mindy. dane. said...

I'm glad you are going to get to stay home! That is exciting! When do you find out what you're having? Do you guys have a name picked out? I know it is a little early but I am obsessed with names! haha

MIMI n' LINCOLN RULE!! said...

that was sweet of reddek to say what he said. i'm glad he at least has fun while you are gone to work.

missy said...

oh he's cute Katie! and congrats on the new one to come...don't you find out soon what you are having???!!!

Andria said...

He is a cutie!! I am so glad he is such a happy boy!!

Jake and Nicole said...

That's so cute! You know Gavin doesn't tell us he loves us very often either, and when he does it's when we say it first and make him tell us...maybe he doesn't love us! ;) hehe (jk) he does tell the dog every night though!