Sunday, November 15, 2009

Rulon Robert McCaul


Meet our newest addition to the McCaul home...Rulon (after Jason Rulon) Robert (after Jason's dad and granfather) McCaul! He was born November 5th at 1:58 pm weighing in at 7 lbs 13 ounces...20 inches long! WOW what a big baby. I felt bigger with this one so I had the DR measure me and compare to my measurements with Reddek at the same week and I was measuring basically the same and I weighed 1 lb less then when I delivered with Reddek so I thought he was going to be tiny like Reddek. He was born weighing 6 lbs 4 ounces only 18 inches long.
Well that morning we woke up about 5:30 called the hospital to see if they had a bed for me to go deliver in and they did so we showered got ready and arrived at the hopital about 7:00 am.
This is us getting excited to meet our new little man. I got the epidural about 10:30 am so I experienced a couple hours of labor then fell asleep. The nurse literally had to wake me up to check me and I was completely ready so they got the Dr there and we pushed for only 15 mins. My Dr is really good to have mom hold them right when they come out...so I was holding him while Jason cut the cord. I then got worried...he wasn't crying. I asked the Dr he said they were going to have someone from the NICU come take a look at him. So they didn't even really wash him off and the Dr from the NICU said they needed to take him up there probably for an hour or two. So they let me give him a kiss goodbye and they took my baby upstairs. Jason went with them...a few hours later we realized it was going to be a while. We went up to see him hooked up to this. They call it a C-PAP not really sure but it helps their lungs open up so they can breath better. Then they made it sound like they might have him through the night.

Jason and I should have rested why we didn't have our little man but we were a wreck. We finally went up to him about 11:30 pm to give him a blessing. Before that we decided we needed a name if we were going to give him a blessing...see we really do wait for the last moment. Which he chose the one I wanted my whole pregnancy! Rulon Robert McCaul:)


The next day we go up and see him like this! Sweet this little man will be coming with us soon. Well he regressed and they put him on a ventilator that bascially breaths for you so his lungs could have a rest.

Then we find out he has pneumonia so he was on an antibiotic for 7 days...this was turning into a long stay at the NICU instead of a couple hours.

Our little trooper continued to improve had to go back on cpap after the ventilator then on a little oxygen but he was getting healthier.
That 9 days he was in the Nicu was hard...trying not to ditch Reddek but being at the hospital as much as we could. Luckily we have great family around to help us out!


First bath in the NICU...he loved it!

FINALLY getting in his car seat to go home

These are my cute boys I get to see everyday:) I am so glad to all be together.
Thanks to everyone for their help...our little guy is doing much better he didn't even have to come home on oxygen. Now the sleepless nights start!!! But he is worth it we love him so much and so does his big brother.

31 comments:

Mason Clan said...

Congrats Katie!!! I am so glad that he is home and doing so good now! You guys have such a cute family... Did you know that our boys are only a day apart and they weighed the same and were about the same length also! That is crazy!!!

Tara Mogle said...

YEA! Congrats on bringing him home. He is adorable. You are right bring on the sleepless nights but they are so worth it. I am so happy for you. COngrats! love ya

Hayden said...

What a cutie! Congratulations! Glad to hear all is going well!

Amanda said...

Katie and Jason- I am so glad to here he is home safe and sound. He is adorable. I am so happy for you guys. Your family is so cute CONGRATS!

Colleen said...

So cute! I'm so glad he's doing great and finally got to come home!

michael. mindy. dane. said...

7 lbs. 13 oz is NOT a big baby! You are crazy! That is totally avearge!

Anyway, he is so cute! That sucks that he was in the NICU for so long, but I'm glad he's okay! Congrats!

Kim said...

I'm sorry for your rough start, but SO glad you have your sweet new baby home! Your family is so cute!

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

He is so beautiful, Katie. Congrats and well done. I'm sorry that it was a rough start, but I'm so glad that he's home and better. Good luck on your life as mother of two.

Our Family said...

I wondered how your newest little man was doing. shan had been keeping me posted. I am glad things turned out good and he is ok. He is sure cute!! and I like Rulon alot

Amber said...

Congrats! He is a cutie. So good to hear that he is doing better.

The Johnson Family said...

YAY!! Congratulations, he is adorable! I am so sorry that you guys had so much to go through, but at least he is well now. What a blessing babies are and such a miracel! Good luck Mommy!

Erica said...

Katie, I'm so glad to hear that he's doing ok and is home. When Andria told me you had him and he was at the nicu my heart broke for you. He sure is cute! Congrats!!!

H. said...

so gald that everything went well. prayers are sending your way and give that baby a kiss for me i love babies. and i am trying to stay away from wanting 1 more. take care and congrats he is so beautiful.

JAKKnielson said...

So I totally cried during that. I can't imagine what you guys were going through. So so happy he is okay! Thank goodness our husbands have the priesthood, where would we be without it? Can't wait for thanksgiving and see you all!

BALLS said...

CONGRATS katie and jason! he is so cute. i am so sorry you had to go through all of that. but i really glad everything worked out!

Grant and Candice said...

Congrats, he is sooo adorable. I am so glad he is doing so much better and can be at home. Good Luck with those sleepless nights.

Jana said...

Congratulations, Katie! (Hopefully Clint was passing my messages of congrats along to Jason already). We are so excited for you guys and can't wait to meet him! So glad he is home with you!

The Rollo Crew said...

WOW! Now that is a story. What a trooper Rulon is...I'm so glad to hear you are all (finally) healthy and happy. Newborns are so precious! Can't wait to see more pics.
XOXO Melanie

Courtney said...

Congrats! Look at how amazing you look! He is so cute

Lindsay said...

Congrats!! So happy for you..I am glad he finally make it home safe and healthy...I know the feeling of trying to take care of your kiddo at home and wanting to spend as much time as possible with the baby. He is adorable...please let me know when I can bring dinner in..I would love to help...You look amazing by the way...

Justin and Tauna said...

congrats, he is so cute!

Andria said...

I am so glad he is home! He is a darling baby. I love him!! I am sorry you guys had to go through all of that but you did great. You guys had such stregnth. We love you guys so much!!

The Peterson Clan... said...

Congratulations!! He is beautiful! I am very happy for you guys and so happy to hear Rulon is doing well. By the way, I think a 7'13 baby is pretty big for someone your size!!

Madsen Family said...

katie what a handsome little man he is! we are so happy for you, and happy he is healthy and is home with you now.

Loftus' said...

Congrats! I've been wondering about you guys! I'm glad your little man is ok and you guys are home. Good luck!

Amber Baker said...

So cute! Glad he's home safe and sound!

Jayme said...

He is so cute! I LOVE that name too! Congratulations Katie!

missy said...

COngrats Katie(and Jason)! I'm sorry to hear about he time in the nicu-how scarey! Lucky you to have such a beautiful baby!!

The Richardsons said...

Congrats! I am so glad everything worked out well! I had you all on the mind! You look so good! I bet you feel better 2! What a cute baby! He wants me to hold him!~

Jake and Nicole said...

oh my gosh katie! Sorry you had to go through all the scary stuff! I am so glad he is here safe and yall are both doing well! I LOVE having the 2 boys and I'm sure you will too! CONGRATS!

Stacey said...

He is so darling! Congratulations!