Sunday, January 31, 2010

oUr LiTtLe StAy

This is our little guy at the hospital...he got RSV and had to stay for 4 days.
Red came to visit...he was so excited to see his little brother as Jason and I were talking he climbed right up so he could see Rulon. I stayed with Rulon at the hospital and luckily we have great family around to help out with Reddek while Jason worked. It was a rough boring week for me...Reddek got spoiled and got to sleep with dad every night.


The first day we got there they had to give him an IV for antibiotics and to get him hydrated...I don't like to see them poke my baby so I went down stairs got some lunch met Jason and we went back up an hour later and they still hadn't found a good vein. He had been poked everywhere....his head both arms were spotted. They finally had to get the Nurse Manager to get the IV in. He was pretty mad by the end of that and then they had to suck him out! They stick about a foot long tub down his nose and suck out all his snot. By the end he wouldn't even cry he was so use to it:( poor kid. He is doing lots better:) Luckily we have aflac to help pay all these hospital bills....if anyone is planning on getting prego you really should talk to an Aflac agent...they have saved us on bills! We are glad our family is all back to normal...these little trials help remind us to love all the small things. We know we are so blessed and thankful for that. Poor Rulon has had a rough start hopefully he can stay healthy and we can't wait for the warm weather!!!

11 comments:

Madsen Family said...

katie he is so cute! so happy he is all better. great pictures. i remember kenz having an IV at about rulons age and i hated it. same thing, they couldn't find a vein. so sad! but grateful we have modern meds to make them better.

Westons said...

Wow, that's horrible! I'm glad he's doing better. Hope you're doing OK. Sick babies (and kids) just make life so stressful!

Tara Mogle said...

Oh Katie...I am in tears seeing him in his little hospital outfit. It's so hard having your kids in the hospital. You and Jason are troopers. I hope and pray that he stays healthy! love you guys.

Colleen said...

Poor little guy! I'm glad he's doing better. Yet another reason to look forward to spring!

BALLS said...

i am so sorry that all of this happened. i am glad that he is doing better and that you are all home together.

Annie said...

That breaks my heart, I'm so sorry. I'm glad he is feeling better!

Hayden said...

Poor thing. I bet your heart still aches. Glad to hear he is getting better.

The Peterson Clan... said...

Oh Katie!! This is so sad! Glad he is doing well now and I hope it stays that way! He is so cute! What a chunker!! I can't wait to meet him!

Grant and Candice said...

Poor little guy. I am so sorry you guys had to go through that. Seeing your kids sick is worse than anything else. I hate it. So glad he is doing better.

Justin and Tauna said...

That sucks, that it took so long to get a freakin i.v. I would be pretty pissed off, I mean they should of just got the nurse manager in the first place. I am glad that is week is over with for your family and that everyone stays healthy from here on out!!

The Rollo Crew said...

Poor little guy...I hope he is back to his normal happy self. We got Alfac too...just curious what plan you signed up for? Give a bunch of kisses to the boys for me!
XOXO Melanie