Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Where has summer gone?


I love this time of year, but I feel like summer just started! We just got use to doing yard work and keeping my flowers alive and now it is fall! Summer went by so fast for us this year. Even though it has come and gone we enjoyed it and I love the stage we are at! I love the little routines we get into...Saturday's are my favorite!!! I wake up at about 7:00 am go running 5-10 miles and come home to breakfast made! Jason loves breakfast so he usually has it made for me when I get home and then we would start either yard work or house work. It is alot of work having a house and a yard, but I love it! We haven't been here too long, but I think "what did I use to do on Saturdays?" I didn't have a great neighbor to go running with and we for sure didn't have a yard to work in. I am sure there were lots of lazy days :)
We didn't go very far for vacations this summer, but we had fun going camping, wave running and four wheeling. It is way different with a kid you don't just get up and go somewhere...we use to be gone EVERY weekend and we sure have slowed down. Jason is glad, and I of course want to be out doing stuff more!
I am now excited for the activities we have planned for the fall...Haunted Forest, cornbelly's and of course lots of movie nights with yummy treats! It is just weird that it is almost Christmas...I am NOT ready for snow, and short days so I hope this weather lasts a while!

15 comments:

Kelly & Charlene Moore said...

I can't wait till we move up there either. I just hope that we can find an affordable apartment.

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

Whoa!!! Wait a minute. Let's slow down here. It is not almost Christmas. If you mean almost as in it's no longer January, than yes, it is almost Christmas. But, let's give the other holidays a chance before we jump right to Christmas. Halloween? Thanksgiving? I am loving this weather though. So great.

Stacey said...

I love your pictures, where did you take them? I can't believe that the leaves are changing that quickly....or are they pictures from last year...please tell me they are! I am always ready for the seasons to change, but I love the weather right now.

Katie McCaul said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katie McCaul said...

Don't get me wrong I am not passing up the other Holidays they are my favorite...i just worry with how fast summer went that fall will go fast too and I am not ready! I want this weather to last forever!!!

P.S.I didn't take these pictures I wish I had.

Tera said...

What a cute Post...I loved it...I have to agree, this summer went way to fast..I can't belive the kids are back in school..Wow!! I have to admit, I love autumn time...I think its because I love to decorate for all the upcoming holidays...(Shane loves all my totes full of nothing but decorations)... Thanks for the comment you left on my page about our camping trips...they were so much fun!!! We have so many fun memories of you and your family as well...You have the best family!!

Tara Mogle said...

I hear ya on the weather...however we are still experiencing 90 degree weather down here so fall seems a little ways off still. It is raining like crazy right now! I love the fall and I miss the cooler weather but we'll cool down soon hopefully! You are so cute and I miss seeing you and being able to talk. I am so looking forward to next week....are we still on! I'll keep in touch!

Kelly & Charlene Moore said...

That is the thing its hard to live with family you know We are staying with Paris and Shannon till the 1st and hopefully we have an apartment by then.,

Andria said...

I love the fall pictures. They are so beautiful and it makes me really excited about fall!! It was a fun summer that went very fast!!

michael. mindy. dane. said...

i agree. we will definitely have to do lunch again, i keep thinking of all these things that i didn't even ask you!

JAKKnielson said...

Fun pictures. I can't wait for the haunted forest and for halloween either. You are so much fun. I am so glad that you make plans and get every body to go. Can't wait.

Westons said...

I am always amazed how many comments you get on your posts :) Oh, and you must be a serious runner. No wonder you're so tiny . . . you're amazing. Let me know when you're doing the Top of Utah Marathon. You can stay here if you want. Or if you're planning that trip to Bear Lake before the summer's over, stop here first.

Kelly & Charlene Moore said...

We found a place to live we move in around the 1st. :) It is in thos Mayflower Apartments right there in Lehi. I am excited.

Kelly & Charlene Moore said...

Yeah they are the nice ones up by Thanksgiving Point. I am excited.

The Strickland Gang said...

Katie,
I am not ignoring you I promise. Let me check my stock and I will get one for you for sure in the next two weeks.
Brooke