Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend

We had a great Thanksgiving weekend! It is our year to go with my fam so we packed up early Thursday and headed down to Sterling. My aunt did it this year and we had so many we had to go to the church! It was different but it was nice we put the kids in the nursery and we could all visit. There was so much food, and I felt guilty eating any because we didn't have to take ANYTHING! I think they had about 50 pies no lie and of course I tried three of them. My mom made this white chocolate cherry pie and it was delicious. We left there and all needed a nap.My sister came late so we had our own Thanksgiving that my mom had made for us. We ate yet MORE turkey and stuffing for dinner. And my sister brought the BEST pecan pie, I think I ate the whole thing;) We then ditched the kids with the grandparents and went and saw 4 Christmases and I LOVED it! I laughed the entire time. I am so happy this time of year to be with FaMiLy NON sToP...and all the fun traditions we all have. Friday I was able to meet some old friends(Tamber and Marcee) for lunch it was so fun to catch up with them. That night Manti had a light parade and then Santa Clause goes to the high school for the kids. Well we waited in line for an hour and Reddek was so tired but he kept wanting to sit on Santa's lap so we stayed and when we were only about half way through the line, but had been waiting for an hour and a half we left. We knew he was going to cry and not really sit on his lap anyway. (aren't we rude parents?) (
We got to see cousins we haven't seen FOREVER!!!

I use to babysit all these little ones when they were babies and now they are almost as big as me! It was so fun to see their family.
Jade and Reddek LOVED playing with "WoGaN"...he had to leave us Thursday night to ride bulls on Friday and Saturday in St. George.
My wonderful parents that put us all up for the L O N G weekend and of course babysat the whole time!

Jade eating whip cream and Reddek wondering what the heck she is doing.

The weekend ended with us leaving Reddek with Jason's sister Kori and us going on a fun muddy four-wheeler ride. We saw lots of people getting trees and we kind of missed it but we decided to bag it and go to a tree lot, where we found the PERFECT TREE! (like everybody else) It looks lots better in person, but pictures will work!
Hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving! And I am THANKFUL FOR ALL OF YOU! ..

9 comments:

Tara Mogle said...

Sounds like you guys had a fun Thanksgiving with all the Luds!!! How fun! I'm sure Reddek had fun with all the cousins. Good idea to have it at the church....kids in the nursery, parents get a break:D

we should try to get together over Chirstmas some time?!

Tera said...

What a cute post..I just love your family..they are all so great!!
Congratulations on your anniversary!!

Andria said...

Sounds like you had a fun weekend!! That is so cute that Reddek wanted to see Santa so bad. I also love the picture of him looking at Jadelyn. That is so funny!!

The Christiansen's said...

How fun I love getting together with family! so crazy thing I am stupid and didn't put two and two together but we Know Yori he is helping us get into a house in St. George! he used to be Kyle's teacher in Moroni, we love him! small world!

Westons said...

Wow that is really a great tree!
We also dropped out of the Santa line, but we only waited 5 minutes!
Lunch was so fun. We'll have to do it again. I'll try to post the pictures tomorrow.

Talisha said...

I love the pictures of Thanksgiving. Jade and Red are going to be partners in crims. They are so dang cute.

The McCauls said...

The tree looks great!! I love the train, dang that parris, he needs to get me one of those!!

JAKKnielson said...

Your tree looks so cute. I have tried to do the ribbon thing and I suck at it, but yours is adorable. I love it! I love the big bow, thats a good idea.

Rachel Cox said...

Hey there, cute tree. Every little boy needs a train around his tree, this I know.