Monday, December 29, 2008

McCaul's Christmas Party!!!

I know I am so behind on my blog, but I have only been home a total of 2-1/2 days since December 16th!!! So I will be slowly catching up on all the fun and exciting things we have been up to.


The McCaul Christmas Party is one of my favorite things about Christmas. As you can tell in my past posts I really love the family I married into (might be part of the reason I married him;) j/k...well we always have a wonderful Christmas Party with the McCaul's. This year Jason's sister Teresa did it and it turned out so so so good! Thanks for all your hard work!
Some things you might want to know about the McCaul's.
There are 9 kids ranging from 45 - 24
that means there are A TON o f cute Grandkids (yes McCaul's are cute so they all have cute kids!)
They are ALL some of the greatest people I know! They know how to party...we always have fun laugh sing and of course feel the spirit at these gatherings. (Sorry I think this is going to be long)
the great DAD to all of these kids past away almost a year ago. February of 2008. He was a great guy...I always left him feeling better. He could cheer me up, always make me laugh and he just had this way about him to boost me up whenever I was around him. we all love and miss him.
ok back to the party! We all arrived hung out talked; some of the family couldn't make it which made us sad because we love it when EVERYONE is there! But with that many people it is hard to have a time that works with everyone’s schedule.

All the Moores well most of them.
Denise and Cute Baby Audrey!
Jason and his cute sister Liz trying to act annoyed when I take the picture! I love them both...she is one of my favorites:)

Then the kids made some gingerbread houses.
Reddek trying to eat the candy before I had it completed
The cute McCaul girls making their house!
Ryland and his gingerbread house! He for sure had the best one until the roof caved in.

Then we all ate some FABULOUS soup and other snacks.
One of my favorite families...Parris Shannon and their cute boy Collyn
(I didn't get pictures of all my favorite families)
Some of my nieces hanging and eating yummy yummy soup!
Jason of course being a punk and not posing for the picture!
Some of the cute cousins

Of course Santa Claus came...
Little boy Kyle on Santa's lap...I don't think he got anything because we all know he has been a BAD BOY:)

Cute Reddek on Santa's lap...he loved Santa so much he went back up to sit with Santa as we sang Christmas songs!

Then we exchanged gifts. With that large of family we draw families so we don't have to buy too many presents. It was nice it started and you had to say something nice about the family you gave to. And of course we were all crying at that point. Then Tammy got out a present that she got for all of us...yes she does this every year! They were blue pillows with trains on them (you have to know their dad) Parris was playing Christmas music on the guitar in the background which made the spirit even stronger. Tammy went on to read this poem she wrote about her dad. It was so great! I know we will all remember this Christmas Party! Then Annette (the mom of all these wonderful kids) gave her present that she had made for each of us! They are Christmas blankets. They have a lot of meaning there are ten rows for all the kids and a gold row for Bob (the dad) and a silver row for representing her. She put a lot of hard work into these and I know we will all cherish them FOREVER.

Then the night ended with all of us relaxing watching the Grinch with popcorn and cake!

This was the best Christmas party ever...ok I say that every year. I always love the McCaul Christmas Party:)



11 comments:

Stacey said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. You take such cute pictures, I love the one of you with Jason.

strickland party of six said...

Wow, Katie maybe we need to come to your christmas party's so we can show them how to party! Sounds like you had a ggod time. And I love the picutre of you and Jason. Merry Christmas and Happy New Yr.

Andria said...

It was such a fun party!! You always make it so much fun!!

Erica said...

McCaul's sure do know how to party it seems! I can only imagine what it is going to be like once my little brothers are married with kids...there may not be 9 but our family is going to be just as gigantic, which makes it that much more fun!!!

JAKKnielson said...

I love our parties too. They are so big! That's my favorite part about them. Good job on taking so many pictures.

The McCauls said...

The party was great, but that night did not turn out as planned... collyn had to go had have a seizure on us. lol... what a way to end a fun christmas party day.

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

That sounds like so much fun. What a great family.

Our Family said...

Looks like a lot of fun I love parties!!

Wendy said...

Hey Katie, my blog went private so send me your email so I can send you an invite. wendybascom@gmail.com

Melodie Anne said...

You are so lucky to love your husband's family Christmas party so much! I've always had a love/hate with my husband's. This year was great though. Your pictures are always so cute! Hope the rest of your holidays was as splendid as the party.

missy said...

Katie, I'm laughing that once again Reddek liked the SAnta clause! I love it that you posted so many pictures! All the holiday activities are hard to keep up on! Fun party!