Saturday, January 3, 2009

~cHrIsTmAs~

Well I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas with lots of family and relaxing. We headed down to Sanpete Christmas Eve...the truck was SO full ! We arrived down there about 5:00 just in time for yummy DINNER! My whole family was there...Rachel and her family, Logan, and Kalon even made it down for Christmas! We were so happy to spend time with them. We don't get to see Kalon much so it is always a treat when he is around. We all ate, ate, and ate some more then talked played games and of course opened pjs.
This is Logan and he is such a dork...don't you love his Christmas eve PJs? He is probably going to kill me if he sees this picture posted.
Cute grandkids on Christmas Eve in their new PJs.

After the PJs we read the Christmas story, then we have a tradition to watch the home video of the year before...it was funny, Reddek hasn't changed much he can talk better and is bigger but he LOOKs the SAME! Jade has changed alot. After that the kids got in Grandma's tub, sat out cookies for Santa with a note and went to bed! Then all of us stayed up played this great game called MADGAB, and scatagories. It was so fun if you haven't played madgab you need to try it. We were laughing so hard Reddek woke up and yelled MOM. I go in and said "whats wrong?". His response, "mom SHHH I go ni night." It was funny, but we couldn't keep it down too long the game is so funny! Then of course we all went to sleep so Santa could come.

Then Christmas Morning we all woke about 6:30...usually my sister has us all up about 5:00 and we have to tell her to wait a while. She slept in and Kalon was the one to wake us all up!


Red FINALLY got his Choo choo Train.
Jason and Red by our pile...we got spoiled which we do every year! We got eachother an IPOD classic, clothes and shoes. Then Jason decided he had to go out one day before Christmas and get me suprises. Last year I asked everyone for a scripture holder (they all forgot and I never got it) well this year Jason got me one along with a good book lots of BATH STUFF and my favorite perfume....Ralph Lauren. Thanks!!! I suck I don't get him suprises becAuse we talk about it and decide what we are getting together go shopping pick stuff out and I think I am done shopping for him. Hopefully next year I can suprise him! My parents got us a dvd player for the car clothes candy and a bunch of other stuff. They got Reddek A TON! one of his favorites is the desk above...he loves to draw and color. They also got him a cute cars bath set. It has a comb, mirror, gel, shampoo and foam soap and a fake razor! So now every time he baths he has to shave like dad! It is so cute.
Rachel, Rob and Jade with their pile
My two little brothers and their small stack of presents...they want expensive stuff so they don't get as many! Logan was pretty upset about it.lol
My parents and their pile of presents...it is a tradition that we (all the kids) do their stockings and pajamas and they do ours.

After presents we usually let the parents have an hour rest...then my Grandma Lud usually comes over for Breakfast.
My little family Christmas Day!
Kalon, Me, Reddek, Logan, my dad

This year my mom's dad(grandpa Al) and my dad's mom (grandma lud) live at the same assisted living center so it was nice to go over there and see both of them open their presents. They are so funny they get along very good!
My grandpa Al and Kalon.
We gave grandpa Al candy and nuts because that is what he likes. Well my Grandma Lud can't have candy so we got her dresses and lotion and stuff and she leaned over to grandpa Al and said, "I need to shack up with you so I can have some of that candy!" Then Grandpa Al said, "only if I get to wear one of those dresses!" They are so sweet and we love seeing them!
My grandma Lud

This Christmas was so nice and relaxing. While I was in Sanpete my good friend Tara Mogle set up a lunch for a bunch of us from high school to go eat at fat jacks(Roy's Pizza) and catch up! It was nice to see everyone and thier kids. We ended up talking about our kids most of the time. I hope we continue to do that whenever some of us are down there. Thanks Tara! I wish I would have taken my camera so I would have pictures of everyone! Tara Mogle (Christensen), Rachel Hansen(Ludvigson), Talisha Johnson(Edwards), Ashley Petersen(Johnson), and Ashley Bougoure-Latchford(Nilson). It was fun thanks girls!!!
We were gone to Nauvoo for a week before Christmas so stay tuned the trip is coming up next!

17 comments:

Stacey said...

Looks like such a great Christmas! I love the picture of the three of you.

The Strickland Gang said...

Looks like you guys were good this year!

Tara Mogle said...

Looks like you guys had fun together. Your family looks great. Your brothers are so big now....man we're getting old. Hope you guys are doing well. It was fun seeing you again. And we better do it again soon. Love ya

Kirkham Family said...

Katie looks like you guys had a great time! I am waiting to see Nauvoo pics too.

strickland party of six said...

Katie, its nice to be with the ones you love of the holidays! I love the man in the red p.j's looking good Logan! LOL You have a cute family have a good new yr.

Andria said...

Sounds like a fun Christmas!!

Westons said...

Don't you just love Christmas?! I bet it's nice that both Jason's family and your family live close to each other. I hate having to choose where to spend holidays. Anyway, a Merry Belated Christmas to you and Happy New Year as well.

Annie said...

I love Reddek! He is such a handsome little guy! What a fun age for Christmas!

Our Family said...

Wow what a christmas for sure so fun!!

michael. mindy. dane. said...

How fun! looks like you guys seriously got SPOILED! How fun to all be together on Christmas Eve and Christmas. We used to all go to my mom's for Christmas but now we have too many grandkids so there are too many gifts to haul! Anyway, I'm glad you had fun :)

JAKKnielson said...

You didn't mention hanging out with us on Christmas. I see how it is!!!

Curren and Marcee said...

Wow! What a fun Christmas! It's so much fun when the whole family comes home, and especially when there are little kids! Hope you are doing great!

burg3g said...

Is there anything cuter than a little boy Christmas morning? Nope.

The Rollo Crew said...

It looks like you guys had a great Christmas!! I missed being in Ephraim this year for Christmas. Hopefully next year we can get together for lunch so I can come and visit too. Tell your family hi for me!
XOXO Melanie

Annie said...

Just creepy, weird people! I've heard a lot of scary stuff about it. Like pedifiles or weird people who copy pictures off of your blog and use them etc.

Tori said...

I love to read your blog. Something always great going on. I love your enthusiasm for life and have missed you. We need a girls night. Can't wait to hear about Nauvoo.

michael. mindy. dane. said...

The Office is on NBC on Thursdays but I'm not sure what time. maybe like 8??...I don't actually watch it every week, we just rent or buy the seasons and watch them. :)