Monday, January 26, 2009

WhaT a WaY tO sTarT a MoNdaY!

I don't have pictures...but I will post anyway!
It is a payroll Monday so I had to get to work EARLY! Charle and I left about 5:30 AM...the roads were pretty icy but we were being careful going about 10 mph. Well I noticed the car in front of me braking so I thought I better keep a safe distance between us so I proceeded to brake! WRONG THING TO DO. We go spinning around and sliding off the road. The truck behind me must have done the wrong thing also, he came spinning right behind us and we thought for sure he was going to hit us, but LUCKILY he didn't. He just spun and kept driving between us and the fence and took off. Well no big deal we were ok the car was fine, but how the heck do we get to WORK? REASON YOU DON'T GO TO WORK SO EARLY! I thought oh some nice guy will stop in his truck and help us out! WRONG again...we sat there for a good 15 mins nobody had stopped so we decided to call Jason to come pull us out and since it was about 5:45AM Kelly would go sleep at our house since Red would still be sound asleep. Another reason not to go to work so early...your kids are still sleeping! While we were sitting there I was getting annoyed that nobody had even stopped to offer us help. Then to tick me off more A police officer passes us I thought oh he will stop make sure we are fine. NO HE DIDN"T EVEN STOP! ISN'T THAT PART OF THEIR JOB? I know he couldn't have done anything, but what if we didn't have a cell phone and were just sitting there. HELLO I AM STRANDED ON THE ROAD MAYBE CHECK TO MAKE SURE WE ARE OK! I have had lots of situations I have been pulled off the road either for a blown tire out of gas or slid off the road, and I have always had an officer stop to offer help. So this made me pretty mad! So we are still patiently waiting for Jason to come (just sitting in the car hoping that no one slides off the road and hits us) when I notice a Stock truck pass us. OH hooray that guy works with me he will give us a ride to work. By then it was 6:00 or 6:15 and our corporate has changed policy that our payroll has to be entered by 8:00 am...we have a lot of employees and have to pay per job not just hours so I was getting stressed OUT! He didn't even notice us and I was honking! I couldn't let our ride pass us so I called him. Sweet Nate turned around and came back to get us. In the meantime a nice guy stopped and offered to pull us out. Since Jason still hadn't left we called him told him not to worry and let this nice guy help us. We sat there while he tried to get it out...no it wasn't coming. So we just left the car and headed to work! It was like 6:30 and I really needed to get payroll done. They don't wait for me if it isn't in they just won't send checks until Monday or so. So it was a funny memory, and made me realize even if I can't help much I am going to stop and make sure the people in the car are ok and have help on the way! COME ON PEOPLE LETS NOT BE IN TOO BIG OF HURRY TO HELP PEOPLE OUT! Thanks to the sweet guy that pulled over to help us and NATE.
and I got to work and got payroll in on time!!! HOORAY!
We called a tow truck to go get the car and it was free with our warranty...what a great way to start a Monday :)

16 comments:

Kelly & Charlene Moore said...

That was awesome! Crazy but awesome! I am still laughing about it.

Erica said...

I can't believe the cop didn't stop!!! That makes me very upset for you....I'm glad it all worked out ok!!! Stupid weather, sure does cause a lot of problems doesn't it!!

Westons said...

Wow! That sounded terrible!!! Sorry it happened to you. Glad to hear it all worked out in the end.

Andria said...

That really stinks!! I am so glad you are both okay. It sounds like it could have been a lot worse. I am glad you made it to work in time. I know how responsible you are!! I am sure you were stressed out!!

Tara Mogle said...

ugh! not a good start to a work week. dumb cops, i can't believe he didn't even stop? glad you guys were ok, definitely could have been a lot worse. Good luck with the rest of your week! love ya

Kirkham Family said...

Ha Ha that is pretty funny and I am so glad you guys are ok. Ya dumb cops! Oops maybe he was headed to an accident with injured people. I would have been way stressed too!

Lindsay said...

what a great way to start your week. Let's hope that tomorrow will be better for you...If not you have learned a good lesson..just stay in bed:)

Kim said...

Oh, I'm so sorry! That's like my biggest fear every day! I'm glad you weren't hurt and neither was your car. As for the cop--come on! Too bad you didn't get his license plate number! Can you all and narc on a cop? Hee hee! I'm glad everything turned out okay though!

Jake and Nicole said...

Scary! I am glad yall were ok! Gosh, rude people! I'm glad someone finally stopped to help!

Marci Jolley said...

AGHHH! I hate BAD Mondays! I am glad that you didn't get hurt. :)

bandkworky said...

I've had way to many experience with slipping of the road. That really sucks that you have to go to work that early. I'm glad that someone finally stopped to help.

Tera said...

I'm glad you guys were okay and nothing happened to you...your story made my Monday not seem as bad as I had thought it was!! :)

Stacey said...

Poor Katie! I am so glad you are OK.

Jayme said...

that is scary that you had to just SIT there and hope that no one hit you and that SOMEONE would stop to help! Glad you made it... and hit your deadline for work! GET IT GIRL!

michael. mindy. dane. said...

oh my HECK! I'm glad you didn't die! We need to go to lunch again!

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

I'm glad everything worked out. That's pretty amazing that Nate was driving by.