Wednesday, January 21, 2009

DAY 5

On the 5th day which was kind of our last day because Monday was a travel day. We went to church. It was fun to go to the ward there. There was a missionary sacrament meeting but it started at 8:00 which is way too early with 5 kids and 4 adults to get ready:) It was the Sunday before Christmas so we were hoping the ward we went to focused on Christ and helped us get more in the spirit of Christmas.
We get to the sacrament meeting and there are 4 beautiful ladies singing Christmas songs as people were coming into sacrament...what a way to invite the spirit! The meeting was nice and when it was over I heard my name?!? WHAT? Who the heck knew me in Nauvoo? Well it was one of the pretty ladies that had been singing....my old friend Lisa Church! It is so weird because we found each other's blogs and now I run into her on my vacation in Nauvoo? Very cool...she is so pretty as she ever was and was visiting family for the holidays. I loved seeing her it is much better in person than on the computer!!!
After church we went back to the beautiful house relaxed while the DADS cooked dinner. Joe wanted to have a real Christmas Dinner in Nauvoo...and it was a great one. We had all the fixings, turkey, potatoes, rolls, veggies and the best for dessert Rasselberry PIE! I had never had it and I LOVED it.
At the dinner table we did some toasts and it was so fun to be with family and share our thoughts. Then we turned up the music and all started dancing...I loved that night what a great one to end on! THANKS SO MUCH JOE AND ANDRIA FOR THE INVITE TO NAUVOO IT WILL FOR SURE BE A TRIP ALWAYS REMEMBERED!!!
The day we were leaving me and the kids ran to each room taking a picture in it so here they are I wish it did the house justice. THIS WAS ONE OF MY FAVORITE TRIPS...maybe even my FAVORITE :)

Add ImageAnd this little one can't run around with us yet, but we loved playing with her!

Sid was too buys watching TV to come join in the picture fun:(


I love this one! Reddek was so sick of all us girls and this photo shows it pretty good. I love my cute NIECES!!! they are so cute:)



7 comments:

Erica said...

Katie, you are too cute! Those pictures make me laugh. Little Red hung in their with all those pictures, I love watching kids try to make "funny faces". I too love those little girls...What a wonderful trip!

bandkworky said...

Sounds like you had an amazing time. Those pictures are so cute.

Andria said...

I had never seen those pictures. They turned out so great. You area fun aunt!! Thanks for coming with us. It made the trip extra fun. It just wouldn't have been the same with out you guys!

Matt and Stephanie said...

Nauvoo is like three hours from where I live. You were so close to me!

Annie said...

I want to go there so bad! I wouldn't dare try that trip with Hazel!! Cute little Red seems like such a good little guy!

Marci Jolley said...

You are the cutest aunt ever!!! And I love the one where Reddek has had it!

Stacey said...

Your pictures are so fun, you seem like such an awesome aunt!