Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Nauvoo day 1


Well I was waiting for Andria to post her pictures because she has lots more and better ones, but I will start posting and add pictures as hers come up!
Day one= travel!!!
Well it was Reddek's first time on an airplane...he did great! He didn't love having to sit on our laps and sit still for about 5 hours, but we managed. Our flight left at 7:10 AM yes I said AM. We all had to leave our house about 5:00 am to make sure we got the car parked and all. Let me give you a history of Jason and my travel experience. We have always been the kids on these trips. I didn't have to worry about where my tickets were my mom had them. I never paid attention where we went in the airport I was always following someone. I know this is pathetic, but it is how it is. Jason wasn't worried, but I for some reason was. Well duh it isn't that hard so we made it just fine I just had anxiety about it. We went for the cheap tickets so we had to first fly to Phoenix then to St. Louis. Weird I know. So we left like 3 hours earlier than our friends the other McCauls, but only got there like 45 mins before them.


Reddek of course didn't fall asleep on the plane as we had hoped. He waited until we were landing on our second flight. So he got a little nap while waiting for the rest of us. Yes we were lucky enough to get invited to go with Joe and Andria and their girls on this trip.
Well it is a three hour drive from the airport to Nauvoo...weird; nobody really knew where Nauvoo was. I never realized that it is a tiny town out in middle of no where so most people don't know about it unless they are a member of our church or have studied our church history. On the drive to the Mansion House (in Nauvoo) Reddek of course threw up! I don't know if he gets car sick or what but needless to say we had a half hour stop cleaning him and the car seat up. Yes the van stunk the rest of the trip! (Sorry everyone)



Well we arrived at about 8:00 pm and got all settled in while the hubbys went and got food.

9 comments:

michael. mindy. dane. said...

COOL! I didn't know you went to Nauvoo...I'm jealous!

Westons said...

Sounds a little stressful (I think traveling with kids always is). But how exciting still. I'd love to visit all the church historical sites someday.
So are you there right now? Or did you just get back?? Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip and see more pictures :)

bandkworky said...

That sounds like so much fun. I want to go to Nauvoo so bad. Traveling is always exciting when you have a young child.

Tera said...

Sounds like a lot of fun!! Can't wait to hear more about it....

Kirkham Family said...

I want to seee and hear more!

Amber Baker said...

That looks awesome! I bet Nauvoo was so great around Christmas time.

Jayme said...

How fun! keep those pictures coming! I lived in Kansas City for 2 years, and never made it up to Illinois... so I will have to live vicariously through you now!

Cameron and BreAnn said...

How fun! I didn't know you went to Nauvoo. Yep, love the traveling with kids....Looks like you had a great Christmas, too!

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

I love the barf in the car trick. He's very talented at such a young age. It's better than on the plane at least. I'm nervous when I travel too, just getting through security and everything.