Friday, June 27, 2008

Let go and have fun!!!

So today I just had to let go and have fun!!! I have been really stressed out at work and have so much work to do so I have been bringing it home with me which Jason hates. I was at a store yesterday and I noticed a cute little frame with a saying in it. I can't remember exactly what it said, but bascially that your dirty house laundry, dishes etc. can wait, but your kids grow up and they don't wait for you so...excuse my dirty house my work that isn't done but I am going to play with my kids while they are young and want to play. Nothing else in the world matters as much as your kids. I feel bad because alot of the time I am just trying to feed them and then lay them down so I can do the things I need to get done. Since I have been only working part time(well suppose to be part time but has turned into full time) I think I need to have the house all clean and dinner going by the time Jason comes home. Well after I read that I realized that I need to just enjoy the kids while they are young and you will make time to get the things around your house done. I am so greatful that I have a cute little boy that just wants to play with his mom and dad when we are home. I also feel so blessed to watch Collyn everyday so Reddek can have a friend and I can watch him grow. So yes I am sitting in a house with dishes in the sink a stack of papers from work in front of me and I just ignored it and played with the kids. So all the moms out there you don't have to get everything done today just go enjoy your kids. They won't wait for you...they will grow up!














Reddek and Collyn Playing in the pool! (Jason for some reason got them the bright pink one)








11 comments:

michael. mindy. dane. said...

Good for you! That sounds like fun! Yeah I am an advisor at South Summit, I love it! It's so fun. Yes it was at Logan and the cemetary is across the street, or did you mean South Summit? No we don't have a cemetary at the school. I miss cheering too, remember how much fun we had? And Debbie...she was always a treat. It was fun to get to go to cheer camp again, but this time I wasn't the one yelling cheers and being obnoxious all the time, it definitely got old hearing everyone cheering all the time! But it was fun. So where do you live again? Lehi or something? I was also wondering how you like working while having a little boy, is it hard? Anyway, this is turning into a novel! But it's so crazy how long it's been since I've seen you, I think it was before you were even married! Tell Jason I said hi and that I hope he isn't too krusty anymore :)

Andria said...

I love your new blog!! I also loved your post. I it always good to remember that taking the time for your children is what matters most. Avery will not let me leave this post. She just keeps saying, "Collyn, Reddek" She is driving me crazy because we have watched the video over and over again!!

Colleen said...

I think we all need to stop and remember to just enjoy our little ones. And I'd love to go to the park sometime!

Kelly & Charlene Moore said...

Hey! Your new blog is cute. Looks like collyn and reddek had a good time. Im glad you finally relaxed you have been stressed out since I have known you ha ha love and miss you guys!

Erica said...

That is a good lesson to live by...I do it all the time. But wait, I don't have kids. Oh well, it works for me ;)

Tara Mogle said...

Hey Katie, totally random that I found your blog but I did. I can't believe how fast time goes when you have kids...Reddek is too cute. Well we sold our house in Eagle Mtn. and moved back to St. George. We love it here and are buying another house that we should be moving into in 2 weeks. oh, and we just had our second baby, another boy!!!! How is Rachel doing?

JAKKnielson said...

You guys are the picture perfect family! You're all so cute! Yes we will be at the fourth of July party. Jesse works til 6 but Kayson and I will be at the park hanging with you guys. I am so excited. Kayson is getting so big you won't even recognize him! Honest! Well can't wait to see ya. You'll have to teach me how to do all that fancy stuff on my blog someday. Ha ha

The McCauls said...

oh fun, I'm glad Collyn is able to have some fun times with you and Reddek while I am at work. Collyn loves Reddek and it's fun they get to grow up together

JAKKnielson said...

We moved into our new place today. It is pretty nice, I am excited. We have tons of unpacking to do, but it will still be fun. We are going to Orem to buy some couches tomorrow. That's what I am mostly excited for!! Well I can't wait to hang with you on the fourth. It's going to be so fun!

Jake and Nicole said...

Every boy needs a bright pink pool right?! We need to get together soon! Have a good 4th!

Anonymous said...

Katie,

Your family is so cute. I can't believe how time flies. It seems like you kids where just in high school. I'm so happy your family is doing so well. See you soon.