Monday, February 2, 2009

Oh My HECK!!!!

Ok so I am a dork! I already know this...but what can I do? On Friday night Jason came with Red and picked me up from work to go watch my niece dance at State Drill. (she did awesome by the way) Reddek was being mad and was tired so I leaned back to hold his hand. When I am cold my fingers shrink and my ring fell off in his hand. He loved holding it so I am a softy and let him hold it. We get to UVU take Reddek out not thinking about the ring...go watch the competition and get back in the car. I remembered about the ring, but figured it was in my car. I said a little prayer looked under and around the car and put red in and we left. Well Saturday I worked and I decided to clean my car while waiting for Jason to see if I could find it. NO IT IS GONE!!! I emptied everything out looked as good as I could and I have not found it. It makes me sick to think about this. I LOVE my ring...of course everyone does. I don't know what to do...its not like I can just go buy a new one! I am still just hoping it will turn up somehow...who knows! I just had to post about it because I am so sick but can't do anything about it.

14 comments:

Tara Mogle said...

Maybe they have a lost and found at UVU?????? Sounds lame but maybe, just maybe someone found it and turned it in? Do they even have a lost and found? Crap!! I am just trying to give you hope. So sorry you lost it. That sucks!

Andria said...

That is really too bad. I feel awful for you. I hope you find it because your ring is so beautiful!

Colleen said...

I really really hope you are able to find it! I would be so sad if I lost mine!

It's so funny, every time we're on BYU campus I always wonder whether we'll run into any old college friends and at the basketball game the other night the only people we knew lived right around the corner from us! Hope you guys had fun. :)

strickland party of six said...

Hope it all works out Katie that sucks so bad...) My best of wishes are with you.

Jayme said...

okay... so let's think about this. if you found someone's diamond ring, would you turn it into the lost and found at a college?? I wouldn't...because you don't REALLY know who you are turning it in to... But I would call the college to let them know that I found a ring and give them my info, so that if someone DID call in who had lost a ring, the college could give them my number to have the owner call! I would call every dept. at UVU, just to give them your info... just in case. Hopefully their maintenance workers or whoever cleaned up are honest! Sorry lady!! That gives me a sick feeling trying to put myself in your situation! I hope you find it!

Cameron and BreAnn said...

ahhhhh! That's awful! I'm so sorry. Wish I could help you find it. Besides that, how is everything else going?
so sorry!!!

Westons said...

Wow, that's horrible! I sure hope you find it! Keep us posted!!!

Marci Jolley said...

Oh no!!! That is horrible! I feel so bad for you. I would be sick. HOPEFULLY someone found it.

LeAnn said...

Put an old knee-high nylon stocking on the end of the tube attachment of your vacuum and go and vacuum the heck out of the car. With the stocking on the end, it will still suck things but they'll all get stuck to the nylon and won't go inside the vacuum. If your ring is in there, you'll find it. I hope it's just hiding.

Oh, I'm a blog stalker...coming from Kim Howe's blog. Swe went to MHS together.

Kelli Cox said...

OH NO.I'm so sorry. I know how you feel. About six years ago I was home really really sick and I had my wedding ring and A pair of diamond earrings on my night stand with a mountain of Kleenex and Jerry picked it all up and away it went in the trash. Did not realize tell two days later and it was long gone. I was so sick about it for oh 3 or 4 days like throwing up sick. Ya it was really bad!

missy said...

oh yikes! that is horrible! I lost mine like three days after I got it, when we were still engaged..Jason about killed me! I really hope you find it soon! good luck :)

The Johnson Family said...

Katie that sucks!! I hope you find it. I think we still have a lot of honest people out there...I lost mine once and someone turned it in to lost and found! I hope you find it!

Stacey said...

Katie I am so sad for you! I hope you are able to find it!

Erica said...

One time my husband lost his ring at our townhouse. I knew we were going to have to just go out and buy a new one. And the night before we moved out entirely we found it, 6 months later!!! So I'll keep my fingers crossed for you...nothing could be worse.