Sunday, February 8, 2009

YES it is still LOST!

Jason and I were talking and he reminded me how hard it was for him to get me this ring...no he wasn't being mean, he is just sad it is lost also! We were young college kids so for him to be able to buy me a ring he lived in his dad's Camper Trailer for about 4 months!(so he didn't have to pay rent or utilities) His mom moved when he was 18 the summer after we graduated. He didn't want to move (he had lived there his whole life) SO his nice brother Parris and Shannon let him move in with them (yes right after they got married...poor couple) He got use to real life pretty quick! So he was broke and wanted to save up to buy me a nice ring!!! Well we went looking...of course I was so excited...him probably stressed out. We looked at some and I found styles I liked and ONE style that I LOVED!!! Well lots of couples look for rings so I knew we were no where close to buy one! During our Snow College days we both worked at this little restaurant in Manti called Don’s Cafe! For those that have worked in a food place know CLEAN UP is the WOrsT part of the job. We each knew this so we would go help each other clean up if we weren't working. Then we would get off earlier and more time to HANG OUT!!! Well one night I was cleaning up and waiting for Jason to come help me...well he didn't show up! So I was MAD! We didn't have cell phones...I think I did but he for sure didn't. Finally at the end of the night he showed up and said he had gone up to visit his mom. I was mad, but of course we still hung out. A few weeks later we were up north again so of course I drag him to look at rings AGAIN! He totally doesn't want to so the immature me thinks what you don't want to marry me? So he was pleasing me and we went in. Well he was so nervous because he had bought me a ring that night he wasn't helping me clean up and the SAME LADY WAS WORKING!!! I guess behind my back he said SHHH to her and she was a good sport and didn't say anything. So that is the story of the ring...and he kept it hid for quite a while!
He was so sick of living in the camper trailer so we had found this perfect little house for him in Manti and he finally got a call that he could move in! It was my birthday so he didn't want to move that day, but I insisted. Well we moved all day and all night with my sister and her husband. Finally he brought me home about midnight! He walked me up to the door and got down on his knee and opened up the ring and asked me to MARRY HIM!!! I am crying just remembering the night. He was sad we spent all day moving so he didn't get to do a cute way...but I think this simple way couldn't have been BETTER! I of course crying, but it was so late he had to leave and I had to go in. SO I wake up my little brothers to tell them and one looks at the ring and it is so pretty he said "Katie that is one of those stupid fake Wal-Mart rings!" and went back to bed. I woke my parents up and they were excited...Jason had done the proper thing and asked my dad if he could ask! Well I guess my dad actually asked Jason when he was going to ask me because he wanted to remodel but had to wait until I moved out! So that is the long story about the ring...sorry you don't have to read it I just wanted to write it down and this is kind of my journal for the moment!

11 comments:

Colleen said...

That just makes it that much sadder! Well if you can't find your ring, I hope you can find one like it!

Kristen said...

I'm sorry your ring is still lost. But I do love hearing your story.

The Trythalls said...

That is teh cutest story and I am so sorry about your ring. I lost mine for like three hours one time and I freaked out, I can't even imagine what you are going through.

Our Family said...

I did not know how jason ever proposed to you that is fun to hear about. I was proposed to in a mud puddle off the side of the road after turning around from hitting a dead end. there was no look out or anything, just a mud puddle. but it was the best mud puddle ever since!!! are you going to try to get another one soon or wait some more?

Madsen Family said...

I loved reading your story! So sorry about your ring. We will be praying you find it.

Andria said...

It is so sad that you lost your ring. I am sure you guys feel awful. Try to just remember that at least you lost something that can be replaced!! Hopefully you can make a new memory of how a new ring came to be yours!!

Tera said...

Thanks Katie for sharing that story....way too cute!! I'm sorry that your ring is still lost, I can't imagine what you have gone through with all of this...I hope that everything will turn out one way or another for you... :)

Erica said...

I think that is the sweetest story. Whats funny is I would love to get a new ring.... But, the sentimental value of a ring is priceless so that'd be hard. I seriously hope you find it! I am patiently waiting for the day you post I FOUND IT!

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

That is such a sweet story. It made me teary. I really pray you can find it, but if not you will get a wonderful new one, with another sweet story attached.

Westons said...

Oh, that about made me cry! I'm so sorry that you lost your ring but at least you have that sweet memory that's worth more than 100 rings. But I wanted to tell you that a friend from my ward lost her ring a couple of months ago and then the stake president returned it to her during Relief Society. Apparently she took it off playing volleyball at the church and it fell out of her pocket. Anyway she was in tears when he gave it to her. And I was thinking of you!

Melodie Anne said...

Cute story, but so sad to lose your ring! I know there are some people who would think me shallow for saying it, but I would be devastated if I lost my ring. I hope it miraculously turns up somewhere.