Monday, July 14, 2008

FUN WEEKEND!

Well we had a nice weekend...I still haven't found my camera so I justed used my phone, so they aren't that great. Well Saturday morning I woke up bright and early 7:00 and went running with my neighbor. We were planning to run 7 miles, but after 7 we felt like running 5 more! Ya we ran 12 miles on Saturday morning it took us two hours but it felt so good. I never thought I would be a runner in high school I hated running but I have ran a couple miles here and there when I find the time, but Loni and I have started running 4 times a week and she runs 6 miles each time so I thought I would give it a try. I love running now. We go Mon, Wed, and Thurs and run 6 miles now on Saturday mornings we are going to do our big run like at least 10. So if anybody wants to go running with us come on it is so fun!!! Then after that I went home and was so tired I couldn't even pick Reddek up! Jason was a great dad and he had made pancakes so I had time to eat a pancake then it was our ward's softball game. I have never really played softball so I was really nervous. BUT I DIDN'T SUCK THAT BAD. I hit and got on base every time, well I might have struck out once. I didn't do great, but it was so fun and softball has been something I have always wanted to do. Well after that I had a couple hours at home so we organized the garage. Jason got a 4-wheeler a couple weeks ago so we needed to make room for it. Well after about an hour of organizing we finally fit two 4-wheelers and our two cars! I am so excited it just feels good to have it finally organized. (The other 4-wheeler is Joe and Andria's...for those of you thinking we have two no just one!) Well then we had Jason's little sister and her husband out to go riding. Our babysitter ended up falling through so Jason said lets just take him with us...i was really nervous. Well we put a helmet on him and he went with us. Jason took a new trail and it turned out to be a really scary trail and here I am trying to hold Reddek and myself on. We finally got off while he turned it around and got us down to safer ground. It was really fun though Reddek loved it he just kept saying "fun dad fun". Then on Sunday Reddek let us sleep in until 10:00!!! We were almost late for church I don't think we have slept that long for a couple years at least, but it felt good!
Red and his cool glasses on our 4-wheeler!!!
Jason, Julia and Brandon ready to leave!
Jason and Reddek on Joe's 4-wheeler
Reddek and Me!!!

9 comments:

Erica said...

I hate running...but the other day I ran a little(like maybe 50 yards haha...) and thought to myself, I should start running with my dogs. They'd love me. But, I still hate running, if only I lived closer you could MAKE me go running.

Softball, I NEVER hit the ball once during all k-12 grades!! How embarrassing right?

But 4 wheeling? I can participate in that! I do so much enjoy that. Organizing the garage is a huge task! I did everything but my garage this past weekend.

Tara Mogle said...

Go Katie! That's awesome that you run. I love to run too! I haven't been doing much since I had Dylan but I'm going to buy a double jogging stroller so I have NO EXCUSES! To be honest I have only ran 2 miles since I had him! ha ha Anyway I would love to get a 4 wheeler and this weekend I will have a garage that will need major organizing!!!
I love to be able to keep in touch with you through this! You're too cute!

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

You did not even come close to sucking. I am shocked to hear that you haven't played much. I think you did great. I am always, always nervous.

I love the thought of running, but the actual doing of said activity hurts me very much. So I try to stay far away from it, but still find myself thinking that I should get back into it. I love that you are running with Loni. I know she loves it as well.

Colleen said...

I'm impressed! I've never been able to run. Sounds like a fun weekend.

michael. mindy. dane. said...

You are NUTS! I can't believe you ran 12 miles and acted like it was nothing. i probably couldn't run around the block!!

Andria said...

Way to go!! 12 miles is huge. I can't even run down the street. I think it is awesome! I am glad you have a fun 4-wheeler ride. It's going to be great to have them!!

Kevin and Janae said...

Thanks! I am starting to feel alot better so hopefully I just keep getting better from here on out!! I miss utah, and the weather there, although I cant complain it is not near as bad here as it was in South Carolina last year.. How is everyone?

JAKKnielson said...

You are so good. I really do wish I was close by you so that you could make me go running. I ran 1 mile maybe two weeks ago, I loved it. It's hard to go by myself though, I need you for a running partner. I am glad you got a four wheeler, they are so much fun.

Our Family said...

I LOVE 4-Wheeling i was talking to shannon to see if we should rent some and we could all go ride down there. I love hanging out with you guys, cause your way fun!! and because then Paris seems more like himself and not as Quiet which i love