Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Camping!!!

We went camping this weekend with my family. It was really fun and relaxing. We rode four wheelers fished and of course ate and ate and ate! Thanks to Rachel and Robbie we ate great meals. They made us tin foil dinners, chicken stew and scones, mountain man breakfast with biscuts and gravy...hot dogs and the best cherry cobler I have ever had! We got up there pretty late Friday so we put the kids to bed and all of us stayed up and talked. Saturday we relaxed in the morning then went fishing and that was so fun to watch the kids catch fish. It started raining so we decided to go back to camp...our plan was to go back drop the grandkids off with the grandparents and us four (me, jason, rachel and rob) go on a long four wheeler ride. Well by the time we were back to camp it was hailing on us! So we all ran to our tents and stayed there for a good three hours. It was cool thunder and lightning. Luckily Red hadn't taken a nap so he and Jason slept while I red Eclipse. We were kind of bumped that it took a good chunck of our Saturday afternoon, but it was nice to relax for a few hours and I love the smell in the mountians after it rains. Then Sunday my parents had left my dad had to speak in sacrement...we should have went and listened but we didn't! oops. So we all loaded up with the kids on the four wheelers and went for a long ride. It was so funny reddek kept falling asleep like 5 mins into the ride he was out. We enjoyed ourselves and it was nice to hang with my family. The worst part about camping is UNPACKING!!! Boys snacking...the main thing we did the whole weekend.
Our friends Landon and Kienzie













My sister Rachel, husband Rob, and daughter Jadelyn





Tw0 cuties!!!














This is Jadelyn and if you look close you can see that she is throwing the bait in the lake. She is so fun and a little bit of a trouble maker. Reddek just sits back and watches her. She loved the lake, kept throwing things in it and she almost got in a couple times.








This is my mom and dad for those that don't know them! My dad is really happy he just doesn't smile for the camera.









Reddek catching his first fish with his uncle Rob. Yes he is using a pink and purple princess fishing pole...it is Jade's but she was nice enough to share. He really liked the fish he even touched it and laughed so hard when it was flopping around. They actually caught alot of fish they kept taking turns bringing them in...it was honestly like a fish every min. after Rob casted it out. It was fun!










Our cute little family : ) Reddek wore that white shirt the second day and kept it completly clean except the medicine Jason spilt on it! He is kind of a clean freak but not Jade she was into the mud and dirt the whole time even eating it! They were so cute together, I am glad they are so close in age (only two weeks difference) so they can have so much fun!











Mom and Red...a couple days without showering or makeup! (gross)












Grandma Reddek and Jadelyn...they went to try to find some animals but didn't have much luck just found a horse!













9 comments:

Stacey said...

What a fun trip

Jake and Nicole said...

I thought for sure this was the same trip you went on a week ago, but no...yall are quite the travelers!! I'm jealous how easy your son falls asleep and in the craziest places! When are we getting together? Are you excited for Breaking Dawn?!

michael. mindy. dane. said...

This looks like fun! That's about how are camping trips go...a whole lot of eating! I love it!

Andria said...

It looks like you had such a fun time. You have already used your 4 wheeler so much!! I am glad you all made it safe (well maybe not Jason).

Tara Mogle said...

So fun! I miss going camping. It's just too hot down here right now to even play outside! Your family looks really good! How is your mom and dad doing? I take it they are still in Sterling?

Always fun times with the Lud's!!!

Our Family said...

I'm guessing you were in manti four wheeling? That is the best place to go in my book!! Super Fun.

Madsen Family said...

i can't believe he got burned again! yes, i am going tonight! it will be so fun. i am glad you are going.

Kim said...

Of course I know who you are! I have looked at your blog before (through Mindy's) and think your little boy is adorable! Thanks for your prayers! That's always so great to hear!

Tera said...

Hey Katie...It's me Tera (Edwards). I came across your blog today...Way Cute by the way..
Your little boy is growing up so fast and he is adorable..
Anyway, I just started my own blog..but made it private..send me your email address if you want and I'll add you to it...my blog is stbnelson.blogspot.com....and my email is teralnelson@utah.gov