Saturday, October 18, 2008

Picture tag!


So this is the 4th picture in my 4th folder. My sweet niece Jadelyn in the NICU. She was born 2 months early and weighed only 3lbs 3 ozs. She was a fighter! She didn't have to go on oxygen but she did have to stay there a month. Tomorrow is actually her birthday and she will be 2yrs old. Being a preemie they warn you that your kid might develop slower because you have to figure her birthday on her actual due date...well Jade isn't slow at all!!! She is two weeks older than Reddek and she is teaching him TONS! I love Jade and am glad she pulled so hard those first few months. Rachel was brave, I felt so bad I was a bigger mess than her and my kid was healthy and big. I just FREAKED out when I had to take Reddek home. She had to take Jade home and she was so tiny and her lungs weren't fully developed and Rachel was so calm! I was glad I had her to help me go through all the emotions I had. I was also blessed to have Andria and Annette so near by to help with the new mom things since my mom wasn't here!


I tagg everyon! It is easy and fun to see old pictures.

4 comments:

Stacey said...

Oh my word! Tiny little baby, so cute!

Andria said...

It is amazing to see how well Jade is doing. She is a cute little girl!!

JAKKnielson said...

That would be so hard I can't even imagine. I am so glad she is doing so well.

The Johnson Family said...

Katie- heck yeah I remember you from good old Eagle Mountain! Don't even get me started on missing it back home. I have some major homesickness going on---AHHH!! I really wish we were still around, maybe we'll move back! Your family is so stinking cute and I love your blog, I need a lesson.